Thursday, February 9, 2012

Christ Church Cathedral, Morning

I feel like Christ Church Cathedral sometimes is overlooked compared to the other cathedrals in town, but it is really a great English Gothic church.
On a recent morning, I was able to photograph it in the morning light, which is rare because I am seldom downtown this early in the day.
Not surprisingly for St. Louis, the church utilizes finely cut stone on the front and tower, and lesser grade stone on the side elevations.
I wanted to get in and photograph the famous altar wall, but unfortunately the church was closed.
In particular, I love how the light reflects off the Shell Building at this hour onto the rough stone of the cathedral.

1 comment:

A Blog detailing the beauty of St. Louis architecture and the buildup of residue-or character-that accumulates over the course of time.