Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Brew House, Anheuser Busch Brewery

They sure don't build industrial buildings like this anymore. Even though it doesn't need to be ornamented to brew beer, the brew house makes a statement about the solid basis on which this company was founded.Harkening back to the Old Country, the Romanesque Revival architecture reminds customers of the brewery's German roots.I like how they have kept this building; it would have been easy to knock it down and build a new one, but they kept it, stressing the continuity of the brand.The dramatic smoke billowing out of the brewery on the day I was photographing was impressive. I love how if the wind is blowing right, I can step out my front door and smell beer being brewed, or coffee being roasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Blog detailing the beauty of St. Louis architecture and the buildup of residue-or character-that accumulates over the course of time.