Friday, February 11, 2011

Virginia Theater

I had always heard about this theater, but had never been by. In fact, Virginia Avenue is really amazing along this stretch, featuring some amazing architecture and still prosperous businesses.Originally built by Anheuser Busch, it was bought by Wehrenberg and operated as a theater for years. Supposedly several churches occupied the space as well, but I saw no evidence of occupation when I drove by in early February. Read about the theater here.If you look closely, you can see the back stage rising above the rest of the building.

1 comment:

  1. I think the last "church" left the building round about a year ago. That, at least, was the first time I had noticed no signage indicating the presence of an occupant.

    ReplyDelete

A Blog detailing the beauty of St. Louis architecture and the buildup of residue-or character-that accumulates over the course of time.