Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Venice Power Plant, Half Gone

I've been fascinated by the demolition of the Venice Power Plant, which I've covered before in the past.
Unlike a lot of demolitions, which start with the clearing of the interior, the demolition here is proceeding from front to back, revealing the still intact interior spaces before they're torn down.
I know nothing about power plants, other than they burn coal, creating steam that powers a generator; perhaps what those giant funnels do is pour coal down into the boilers.
There are four of them, and there were once four smokestacks, so I presume that is what they are.
There is a whole complex of other outbuildings, which I presume will be torn down as well.
If you or anyone you know worked in this plant, I would love to hear from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Blog detailing the beauty of St. Louis architecture and the buildup of residue-or character-that accumulates over the course of time.