Monday, November 8, 2010

Abandoned House, Pleasantview Road, Washington Township, Illinois

I once remarked that I would drive by this abandoned house on Washington Road, and it would be demolished.I knew something was different, but the cows weren't talking.Finally, I realized the barn or corn crib in the back of the property had been knocked down recently.It was not natural causes, I believe, as there are two new barrels in the entrance to the property, like someone wanting to block off the entrance for demolition.

2 comments:

  1. Actually a tornado came through the property last year destroying the outbuilding. The barrels were placed to keep people out of the property and not because of demolition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so it was natural causes. Thanks for the information; do you live around the area?

    ReplyDelete

A Blog detailing the beauty of St. Louis architecture and the buildup of residue-or character-that accumulates over the course of time.