Saturday, May 15, 2010

Three Year Anniversary of Saint Louis Patina: Happy Birthday

Three years ago today, I began celebrating of St. Louis architecture: the good, the bad and the ugly. Through countless tanks of gas, dozens of rearview mirrors and dirty windshields caught in my shot, and only a handful of rude people asking indignantly, "Excuse me sir, what are you doing?" I'm having more fun now than ever. Scanning Facebook, I think I've met at least 100 people directly and indirectly through my website.

Every time a person on the street turns their head to see what I'm photographing, I feel like I've won a small victory for the historic built environment in St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Blog detailing the beauty of St. Louis architecture and the buildup of residue-or character-that accumulates over the course of time.