Tuesday, April 14, 2009

SLU Wasteland

While photographing the Pevely Dairy fire, I parked on the far side of the lawn of the new SLU research facility. Trekking across the lawn, I was shocked at just how large it is. I know, I know, how dare I criticize doctors who are working hard to save people's lives? They can do whatever they feel like, right, and I should just shut up?Hardly; I live in this city and I have a right to not have an entire mile of Grand Blvd between 40 and I-44 turned into an absolutely horrible traffic sewer. What could be a pleasant walk from the neighborhoods to the second downtown of Grand Center is basically so awful that only the truly intrepid or indigent would ever attempt it.SLU should move to St. Charles County if this is the way it wants to build its campus. Disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Blog detailing the beauty of St. Louis architecture and the buildup of residue-or character-that accumulates over the course of time.