Friday, July 24, 2009

Washburne Trade School Coming Down

I had heard that Washburne was coming down quickly, but I was stunned at the rate of progress. I parked along the street in front, got out and took some photos, wished I had some money for tacos from the stand by me, and then got back on the road.


You can't tell me they couldn't find a use for this building? Damage from the fire, which precipitated the demolition--supposedly--is evident in several photos. Check out my other photos here and here.

When the demolition is complete, this will be the largest building I have ever been inside that has been destroyed.A dubious distinction, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Blog detailing the beauty of St. Louis architecture and the buildup of residue-or character-that accumulates over the course of time.