Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hyde Park and Brick Theft

Brick theft occurs throughout the north side of St. Louis east of Grand Blvd, but I rarely it see it in the fairly densely populated Hyde Park neighborhood.
That's why I was concerned when I spotted this wall that had been knocked out near a window. I can't imagine any other possible need to do this, unless it was a brick thief trying to undermine the wall. Thankfully, I remember that this has been like this for a while, so it seems they haven't come back.

1 comment:

  1. Chris -

    More likely that wall spalled out due to weather/neglect. Brick thieves don't do things piecemeal...

    ReplyDelete

A Blog detailing the beauty of St. Louis architecture and the buildup of residue-or character-that accumulates over the course of time.