Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bella Villa

I had always noticed on maps the tiny municipality of Bella Villa, tucked away in still largely unincorporated South County. I was intrigued driving through two Sundays ago at the beauty of the houses, which look like they could be out of St. Louis Hills across the border.I am not sure about the history of the subdivision--which is what Bella Villa basically is--but it looks to be a planned community near Lemay built in the 1940's.It also is apparently a huge speedtrap, which I wish I would have known before I went down there. I must have looked pretty suspicious driving around snapping pictures, but luckily no cops were to be found.Here is a bird's eye view of the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Blog detailing the beauty of St. Louis architecture and the buildup of residue-or character-that accumulates over the course of time.